The Dressmaking course is suitable for beginners and improvers, as well as those who are self taught and would like to perfect their skills and improve their expertise.
The course will cover:
- Using a commercial pattern, form start to finish
- How to choose appropriate fabric and buy the correct amount
- Dressmaking techniques, including seams, zips, buttons & buttonholes, sleeves, collars, binding, piping, hems etc.
- Accurate fitting – the tricks of the trade
- Using the overlocker for finishing seams and edges
Next course starts 19th September 2018 at the T Holmfirth Tech. 7 – 9 pm
Cost £90 per 6 week course